Senior Pway Supervisor - Bridgeway Consulting
Closing date: Monday 2nd March 2020
Apply here: https://recruitment.bridgeway.consulting/
Bridgeway Consulting Limited are multi-disciplinary Railway Engineering company and we are looking for a Senior Pway Supervisor to join our expanding team. You will be responsible for the general maintenance of track and associated infrastructure. We work on many parts of the infrastructure, with one of the main project areas being the Research, Innovation & Development Centre (RIDC) near our Head Office in Nottingham.
You must be motivated, have a good understanding of all Pway principles and be able to supervise maintenance activities. Some duties will involve the supervision of subcontractors and carry out safety critical activities and inspections/tours. You will be computer literate and familiar with general Microsoft Office/365 Products.
You will need a clean driving licence and hold valid PTS, IWA and COSS competence as a minimum.
- Supporting the Contracts Manager/Maintenance Manager in the scoping and scheduling of all Maintenance activities.
- Responsible for carrying out, supervising & scheduling day to day activities of P-Way teams.
- Carrying out track handback duties following maintenance/renewal works
- Carrying out Track Inspection Duties & Preparing Reports
- Support the progression & monitoring the competence of the P-Way teams
- Ensure that P-Way maintenance/renewals work is executed in accordance with appropriate Technical, Quality and Safety Standards.
- Carry out regular site safety inspections in accordance with the site safety plan.
- Provide technical advice and support for Team Leaders.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are properly reported, investigated
- Comply with training and other requirements of your Safety Responsibility Statement.
- Undertake Safety Critical duties in line with competencies held and certification gained.
- Undertake other duties in accordance with the requirements of the company.
Expectations of a Supervisor
- Accountable to the Maintenance Manager for the technical and financial performance and of their team.
- Familiar with and supportive of company policies and procedures and supports their teams in doing the same.
- Promote the success of their business area both internally and externally.
- Provides leadership within the team.
- Supports the personal development programmes for team members.
- Considers the impact of their functional operations on the community and environment.
- Acts at all times in a way most likely to promote the success of the business.
Here at Bridgeway you will have a personal pension scheme, death in service benefit, and access to Validium; an employee assistance programme.
We also have a casual dress code, flexible working policy and weekly fruit baskets are delivered to the office.