The grade of Fellow is the highest grade of membership that the PWI can confer upon a member. PWI Fellowship will raise a member's professional standing within the industry, increase recognition of their expertise and enhance their professional networks.
- An applicant for Fellowship must hold or have held a senior or influential position in the railway industry and made a significant contribution to the industry or PWI
Applicants should be able to demonstrate
- that they carry responsibilities appropriate to the grade of Fellow
- their application of underpinning engineering knowledge in making decisions
- the breadth of their experience, technically and managerially, appropriate to the grade of Fellow
- their personal and professional commitment to the PWI Code of Professional Conduct and future commitment to the PWI.
A typical candidate for Fellowship will be
- A chartered engineer with 20+ years’ experience in a senior position in railway infrastructure engineering
- A technically qualified but not professionally registered engineer with 25-30 years in a senior position in railway infrastructure engineering
- A qualified MEng / MSc chartered engineer with 10+ years’ experience and demonstrated significant technical leadership in a specialist area
- A qualified engineer IEng or CEng with a very senior position at director level
- An eminent very senior person in the rail industry eg MD, Director.
Who may not yet be quite ready?
- An influential rail director without professional qualifications and less than 10 years’ experience. They may be asked to first do IEng / CEng by the appropriate route
- An experienced engineer up to 20 years’ experience without qualifications. They may be asked to first do IEng / CEng by the appropriate route
- An Incorporated or Chartered engineer with less than 10 years’ experience. They may be asked to wait until they have more experience.
Members can apply for Fellowship by submitting a current CV, their CPD record for the last 12 months and application form to the Membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Fellowship application form