Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
Incorporated Engineers maintain and manage applications of current and developing technology, and may undertake engineering design, development, manufacture, construction and operation. Incorporated Engineers are variously engaged in technical and commercial management and possess effective interpersonal skills. Professional registration as an Incorporated Engineer not only recognises your proven commitment, skills and experience as an engineer, but also identifies to employers that you have the competence, expertise and work ethic that they value.
Ready to apply?
Step 1. Review the PWI IEng Competence and Commitment Criteria to check that you have the necessary experience to become a professionally registered PWI IEng member.
Step 2. Confirm you have one of the following:
- A degree accredited for IEng
- Confirmation from the Academic Assessment Panel that your qualifications meet the requirements for IEng
- Successfully completed the Technical Report Option for IEng
Step 3. Complete our Initial Application Form and return it with your application fee
Step 4. Complete your Professional Review Report of approximately 3000 words. The report should highlight your experience, responsibilities and expertise and provide evidence and clear examples of how each of the competences has been met. Please ensure you read the IEng Application Guidance Notes before beginning your application.
Step 5. Complete the Incorporated Engineer Application form and return it to us with your Professional Review Report and supporting evidence.
- IEng Competence and Commitment Criteria
- IEng Application Guidance Notes
- Initial Application Form
- Incorporated Engineer Application form
- Incorporated Engineer Exemplar Professional Review Report A
- Incorporated Engineer Exemplar Professional Review Report B
- Incorporated Engineer Exemplar Professional Review Report C