Remember me | Forgotten password?

Academic Assessment

The Engineering Council has accredited many engineering qualifications as meeting the academic requirements for Incorporated or Chartered engineer status.  You can check if your qualification is accredited here.

If you hold a degree, HNC or HND that is not accredited by the Engineering Council we can review and assess these through our Academic Assessment Panel.  Your qualifications may have been completed some years ago or you may have a package of qualifications that are not pure engineering, but may be a combination of science, mathematics or design associated with a technical subject.  Our Academic Panel will review these to determine whether your qualifications satisfy the Engineering Council’s academic requirements for Incorporated and Chartered engineers.

If they are assessed as meeting the required standard, you will be able to progress to the Professional Review stage immediately.  If the assessment identifies an academic gap, you will need to fill this before you apply.  You may have the option of formal learning, e.g. an accredited University course or Experiential Learning or the Technical Report Option.

Academic Assessment graphicReady to apply?

Step 1. Complete the Academic Assessment Application form.

Step 2. Attach:

  • Copies of your qualification certificates
  • Copies of the transcript of your NVQ/HNC/degree modules
  • An up to date CV

Step 3. Send it to Please ensure the file is under 5Mb.


Document links: